Saturday 21 February 2009

A Weblog For Austin Gipsies?

Why would we need another weblog? Why for Austin Gipsies? Well, there are only so many Gipsies left! We already have a Austin Gipsy Register in the UK and an Austin Gipsy website and a great newsgroup. This weblog should add value to these. In the newgroup members from all over the world can talk about technical problems and exchange information. Members of the Register can read the magazine ad attend events in the UK, but it is quite a task to publish a magazine for a relatively small group of members adn quite a few Gipsy-owners live in far away places. This weblog is available to anybody using an internet connection. I hope we can get a few Gipsy-owning people to write articles on a regular basis. I also hope interested Gipsy owners will subscribe to this weblog or return regularly to read new articles and add their knowledge and stories.
This weblog is an idea that grew from discussions between me and Glenn Kemp, the owner of the Austin Gipsy website and the moderator of the newsgroup. Glenn is in Canada and I live in the Netherlands. So we are connected by the internet too. I own a modified 1961 Gipsy and am the moderator for the Dutch Austin Morris Riley Wolseley Register newsgroup and Website, so you can call me a bit of an internet-blog-hog, so I expect I'll be writing too. So here is the first post.
I hope there will be many more and that we can work together to enjoy another worldwide Gipsy feast

Kind regards,

Christiaan Linford